Litigation lawyers take up civil lawsuits that are brought before courts involving two parties in which one is a complainant and the other is a defendant. The process of filing a lawsuit in a court of law is called litigation. The person who files the lawsuit is called complainant or plaintiff as he/she seeks legal remedy for the action of the defendant.
Area of Sphere of Litigation Lawyers
Litigation lawyers take up cases involving dispute resolution of private law, conflict between individuals, between business entities and non-profit organizations. They may even take up cases involving government at one side and a private individual or entity at other. If you have been aggrieved due to certain government action and want to file a lawsuit for the injury, you can take help from a litigation lawyer.
Simply put, cases not involving criminal law are taken up by litigation lawyers. Their legal expertise helps you to fight your cases and get a fair judgment. These lawyers have knowledge and skills in civil rights laws involving civil issues such as business, personal injury and employment.
Notably, all civil disputes need not culminate in lawsuits. Even in such cases, litigation lawyers would prove helpful in negotiating a settlement outside court.
Qualities of Good Litigation Lawyers
The field of civil litigation is very large but the usual practice is that a litigation lawyer specializes in one area of civil litigation. Before hiring a litigation lawyer, it is best to assess his/her training and experience in the field related to your case. A good litigation lawyer is one who:
– Is capable of initiating negotiation processes before things go out of hand and reach a trial process in a law court in proper manner. Direct Wills Trusts Earley – Fast, Cost Effective. Professional
– Is competent to negotiate with good faith and looks after the client’s interests properly.
Has the ability of communicating the legal intricacies to the clients.
– Is capable of communicating and interpreting decisions of the court in proper manner.
– Is persuasive and knows how to persuade the opposing counsel, jury, judge and client.
– Should also be fair, honest and reasonable in charging the clients for the legal services.
Hiring a litigation lawyer can be a costly affair in Australia. If you are in need of an effective litigation lawyer at an affordable price, consult with Rosendorff for successful resolution of litigation cases.